Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Testifying who God is

This morning I read John 5:31-45 and I was struck in particular by verse 36 when Christ said, "I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the very work that the Father has given me to finish, and which I am doing, testifies that the Father has sent me. "

It struck me for a few reasons:
  1. Because Christ was saying that everything he is doing is because of his life purpose.
  2. That everything he was doing testifies to God.
  3. Christ finished strong! He accomplished his life purpose.
This led me to 2 questions and I challenge you to think about them as well. It caused me to think:
  1. Is everything I am doing what God intended me to do?
  2. Is everything I am doing a positive testimony to God?
Everyday, Christ was a living testimony to God's plan for his life and was always a positive witness to God and his Kingdom. Because of this, it is safe to say that Christ has brought more people into the Kingdom of Heaven then we will ever be able to know or understand. His impact is beyond comprehension.

Can the same be said of my life? Of your life?

Psalm 42:1-2 says, "As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?"

When we hunger and thirst for the Lord and seek Him first and foremost, he is faithful and will encourage us and take us to that next level so that in everything that we do, we know that we are living according to his intended purpose and being a positive testimony to his greatness and glory.

No comments: