Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thinking about Christmas

I love Christmas! It is by far my favorite time of the year. As soon as Thanksgiving is over and Black Friday begins, I love decorating the house, putting up the Christmas tree, listening to Christmas music and even SHOPPING! I know, shoot me, but I love the build up to Christmas.

The funny thing about my love for Christmas, though, is that as soon as Dec. 26th rolls around, I'm not so much into Christmas. I don't play Christmas music and I am already mapping out what decorations to take down and when to do them. I know, it's a bit silly.

Yesterday, I was reading a blog from my friend Barry Hill and he highlighted a group that started, I think, last year. It's called Advent Conspiracy. Take a minute and watch this video.


It has gotten me all fired up thinking about Christmas - the real meaning of Christmas. As a believer and active follower of Christ, I know what Christmas is about - the birth of our savior Jesus Christ. I understand that and I make sure our youth at Cedar Run know that and I make sure my own children know that.

Unfortunately for me, I can get so wrapped up in the season, the fun and the craziness of Christmas, I can sometimes forget the it's all about Christ. In fact, when Christmas is officially "over" on Dec. 26th, I need to not forget what it is about either. I don't need to pack up my beliefs of Christ just as I pack up my decorations. I need to use this season as an opportunity to proclaim Christ all the more. What a perfect opportunity to make an impact in the name of Christ!

Watching this video was a great reminder to me and I hope a great reminder for you what Christmas is about and to be sharing the stories of Christ, our great and wonderful savior to all people.

No comments: