Pages

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

My 30 Days of Prayer Update - Week 2

School has started! What a great time of year, a time of new beginnings and fresh starts.

But, as a parent myself, it is also a stressful time. Who are my children socializing with? Are they safe? Are they nice? How do the other children treat my daughters? Do my girls play well with others or are they selfish? Do they listen to their teachers?

There is so much to be stressful about, but alas, it is completely out of my control. That is why all I can do is offer it up in prayer to God. I find hope in:

Philippians 4:6-7 says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

And, 1 Peter 5:7 says, "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

So, my prayer this week is for my children and your children that they will be in safe hands and that the Lord will be with them throughout their time at school each day.

What about you? What are you praying for? How is God working in your life? Post a comment to encourage others.

No comments: